Rowbedes City: 1.0

My name is Katarina. At 22 years old I left the only life I had known and moved to a crazy town called Rowdesa. It was in the middle of the desert and there wasn't much around. I wanted to start an orphanage/boarding school for the kids in this town that didn't have anywhere else to go.  

By 23 I had finally saved up enough money to complete the boarding house as well as adopt my first child. I couldn't be more excited when I called the social worker. 

I will never forget the day she came out of the van. My first child and probably my biggest learning experience, Tiny. That was really her name. Everyone said it was because she was and always has been very very small. Her story was sad. Her mother had died 3 years ago due to some bad choices and she had been in a home ever since. Now this was her chance to get back to a normal-ish life. 

Tiny walked into my home very cautiously. She had been in many homes in the 3 years of her life but hey always returned her. I open my arms to her and give her the best mom hug I could muster and let her know right then and there she would never be going back. She hugged me back. 

"Tiny I want you to know that you don't have to ever worry about going to that place. I am here for you okay?" 
he littler girl just smiled and ate her pancakes. I knew it would take some convincing but I was determined to prove it to her. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genetic Roulette - 1

Gentic Roulette

Baby Boomers - Chapter 2