Wasteland -- A Random Legacy Challenge -- 1.1

Well after a good sleep I'm ready to tell some more of my story, Lets see where was I.... Oh, that's right. I had my beautiful son Alarming.


Time flew by and soon it was time for my baby boys birthday. You know how that first year goes, you remember everything but it's like a blur. 
I call up all my friends for his party. Everyone said they would be there but when it came time to the party no one showed up. I was really hurt. 

After waiting as long as I could for people to show up I just decided to go ahead and grow him up without anyone there. 

It was like looking at myself in male form but I couldn't believe this was happening. I had a toddler now. 

Even though no one showed up, Alarming and I had a great time together. I read him some children books I picked up at the store and we played a lot. 

Parenting was hard hard work. Alarming and I were closer then ever but doing everything by myself was really tough. I would have a break down every once in a while during his terrible twos. 

I knew I was a great mother though because my son learned all of his skills. He knew how to walk, talk, and use the potty. I couldn't be more proud of him. 

Time flew by and again It was my baby boys birthday. This time I learned my lesson. I didn't throw a party or invite anyone. It was just me and Alarming. 

Wow look at my baby. That was the first thing I thought. I had a child now, he would be going to school and doing homework. I cannot believe it.

He had a very interesting personality if I do say so. I was a neatish person but my son was far from that and he also wasn't very nice. I worried about that. 


Working became easier because he didn't need me to do everything for him anymore. I had what they called a Silver badge. I made a bit more money then I did before but money was still tight. I had to work extra hard in order to buy my baby a bed. I was now saving up for some toys for him. 

As long as I kept food in the fridge he would get himself something to eat and just hang out watching tv. 


One morning when I woke up I found a new picture hanging on my wall. I couldn't believe it. Of course Alarming had no idea about the task and rules etc but he saw a picture of me hanging up and wanted one of himself in the house too. That moment touched my heart. 

Alarming was obsessed with anything that had to do with sports. If he wasn't in the house I could often find him outside with his jump rope. 

Our house was coming along. Getting a bit bigger as time went on. My son also had his first day of school and that broke my heart. He would be a teenager before I knew it and that made me wonder if he would love me the same.

I really was getting good at this florist thing because this was the prettiest arrangement I've ever made. 

With a new season came new clothes and also a picture together. Alarming wanted to take a goofy picture but I wanted a normal one to hang up in the kitchen. 

Studying is what we did a lot. At school, Alarming told me he found out if you read a brain book and then work out you get swole faster. I had no idea what he was talking about but I bought him the 'brain' book anyway. 

Till this day this is my favorite picture of us. It still hangs proudly in the kitchen. 

Since Alarming was born, across the street, they had been working on something. They finished it finally and Alarming and I went to check it out. 

The park was nice. It had a place for you to fish, some chess tables, it also had a nice grilling and sitting area. I was very impressed with the whole thing. I had a feeling Alarming and I would visit this place often. 

Oh, that's lunch.. I've gotta get going but I'll be back to tell more of my tale. I hope everyone is enjoying watching my life. Looking back at these memories I can't say I regret going this way and choosing this path. See you all soon. 











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genetic Roulette - 1

Gentic Roulette

Baby Boomers - Chapter 2