Sandy Oaks - 1

 Hi everyone! Welcome to a new series/ story save. Basically after being burned out a bit I decided I wanted to work on a story based challenge but with it being me it wouldn't be just one challenge. Its going to be about a neighborhood of people and I will play varies challenges as a collective. 

I'm sure that doesn't make a whole lot of sense so let me put it like this. My first challenge is going to be War! What is it good for. It starts off with 2 friends in college and the path their lives take. Both of them are going to do the challenge ( as a collective ) but it could take a turn for either one of them. Moving on down the line, the next challenge I put out into the world is maybe a homestead challenge. I have 6 families in the neighborhood, they all will be apart of the homestead challenge and so forth and so on. 

Also an important note. Since this is neighborhood wide and collective all sims MUST be finished with the challenge before we can move on to another one. Even if that means the rest of the neighborhood is in limbo. Now lets get on with the story and introduce the founders of this neighborhood collective story.



"Sir, please face forward and stand still so I can take this picture"
I look away from my childhood friend and do as the lady ask. It was hard to tear my eyes away from my friend. We had spent a summer apart before college. I was in training for the military and he had spent the summer working hard at his fathers flower shop. 
His hair was longer then I had ever seen it, it was curly. I didn't know he had curly hair. He was also more in shape then I last remember. I study his body hoping to keep this forbidden image imprinted into my mind.  At the sound of the camera clicking I pushed those types of thoughts out of my head. They were not becoming of a military member. 

I had finally made it. I was proud of myself. I would soon be starting my life. I hadn't been able to go to the bootcamp with my childhood friend this summer but I had trained as if I had. 
I suddenly get a flashback of the way Daniel had been looking at me for our college campus pictures. His look was so intense, it brought shivers to my spine. I worried he was maybe feeling competitive with me. I knew there were limited spots for high ranking positions and I didn't want that to ruin our friendship. I do my best to shrug those feelings and the worry away while I focus on my classwork.

"Get focused DANIEL!" I yell at myself, I had been sitting at the computer for an hour just picturing Sammy. He was so toned I got excited just thinking about it. What would it be like, feel like, for him to be under me. "You can NOT be thinking like this." I slam my fist against the table and turn the computer on. 
My recruiter had suggested Political Science to me as a major. Apparently it would give me the boost I needed. I click it and check over the courses for this. It didn't seem that hard at all. I accept the course and log off the computer. I'm sure Sammy needs a study break by now and I had just the thing.  

College was great. It was like a party fest. The dorms were lively and the courses my freshmen year were easy. It helped that my best friend was there every step of the way but towards the middle of Freshmen year Sammy had found somebody. 
I always knew he was the type. He wanted to fall in love, he wanted to start a family and live his forever after. In hindsight I probably should have followed suit but I just couldn't find anymore that fit the bill. 

"I just worry about him y'know. He stays in his room most days and no one seems to catch his interest."

"My love, have you ever heard the phrase, I am not my brothers keeper?"
"Yes of course I have and I know but -"
"But nothing. He has to figure out his own way."
I knew my girlfriend was right but it was hard. I was really worried about him and only wanted the best for my bestfriend. I devised a plan to hook him up with a woman. I had some friends plus so did my girlfriend. Maybe it would be a match made in heaven. 

I know Sammy was worried about me, to be honest I was worried about myself. I had been in a rut ever sense he and his girlfriend made it official. I knew Sammy didn't share my feelings and I also knew I would never act on these feelings but I was done nonetheless. 

Imagine my surprise when Sammys girlfriend sat down across from me at the chess table. 
"Hey Dan."
"Hello.."
"So Samuel and I have been talking and I have a really nice friend that is single and I think she would be your type."
"Uh Ka that is really thoughtful but I am focused on my career and school at the moment. Thank you for the offer though."
"Will you at least meet her?"
"Sure.." 
I really didn't want to but if it would make them happy I guess I could tolerate it. 

A week or so goes by and I finally meet Ka friend. She was nice and sure she was pretty. 

Apparently she was a nursing student. A military member and a nurse, match made in heaven. 

Ultimately I decided I wasn't that interested in her but I tried to keep appearances going for my friends so I wouldn't be forced into anymore dates.

My mood was about to take the tanker again. Sammy and Ka ended up getting engaged. I was happy for them, sure, but I was also sad. I would never get to be with Sammy now. 

I took some time away to myself. In doing so I ended up making some interesting friends. Sammy didn't agree but thankfully Ka kept Sammy pretty busy with wedding planning. 


"Can I ask you something Ka ka.."
"Of course baby."
".. Do you think maybe.. I don't know how to phrase this."
"Yes your best friend is gay and has the hots for you."
"Wha.. I- That isn't what I was going to say."

That time away ending up meaning I failed my last semester. I had a lot of making up to do. I get to work on that right away. 

In-between catching up with school though I met a very agreeable man. I was smitten almost immediately. We got along like nothing I ever knew. I soon found out he wasn't gay but that was okay we ended up being great friends. 

"Listen Sam. I am telling you, your friend is gay. He doesn't have any interest in women what so ever. To be honest I think he is in love with."
"You wouldn't be the first person to tell me that and though I can see where everyone is coming from, we truly have ONLY been friends our entire life. Wouldn't he have made a move by now?"
"I suppose you are right..."
"I know I am. It is getting old that everyone is bashing my best friend just because he hasn't found love as quickly as I did. Leave him alone."













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genetic Roulette - 1

Gentic Roulette

Baby Boomers - Chapter 2