Shadow Hills 1.0

 Year 1300

I signed up for this, I wanted this I just didn't know it would be like this. 

I touch down on this strange planet. My communication device immediately fizzed out. 
"Just great, now how will I contact home?" I huff to myself before turning around to face my fate. 

My mission was simple, start a legacy through the ages. Not to hard, I just had to make it through my time. I open my pack to find my food had not been disturbed. Thank goodness I think to myself. I set about planting the fruits. I didn't know what this strange place had or didn't have and I knew I would want some of my favorites here someday. 

My link stopped by in weird clothes with a small bag slung over her shoulder. 
"I hope you won't wear that out and about?"
"Of course not but what is in the bag?"
"Substance until you can get on your feet."
"Ahh, okay, thank you!"

I put the food away except a couple of ingredients. Inside was a small card with a recipe on it, "Vegetable Dumplings" I had never heard of such a thing but it would do. 

The year went on much like that, I practice my magic and ate terrible food. 

I also took up a hobby of painting. I didn't make enough to blink at but I was getting by. 

That was until I met a nice gentleman while I was on my way to the market. He found my outfit odd and I wondered why he was out and about so early in the morning. 

I invited him back to my small shack and found out he was indeed eligible. 

Unfortunately we didn't have much in common and he was rude. 


Though I wouldn't say we were best friends he was the only person I knew in this strange place.

By the end of the year I had met another man. He was much more my type plus he was from my home. The committee decided to send down a perfect mate for me. 

"How is the food treating you?"
"I've had better but then again it could just be my cooking." We both chuckle at that


I was quickly falling in love with Aleki. He was everything I could have wanted and more. 

Year 1300 ended with Aleki agreeing to live this crazy life with me. I was grateful. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genetic Roulette - 1

Gentic Roulette

Baby Boomers - Chapter 2