Where The Pieces Fall 1.0

1.0 - Getting Ready
Jasmine POV

In 3 months I would be 18. I couldn't believe it. Sure I was starting my senior year of high school as an adult but that had its benefits... I'm pretty sure my dad is talking to me but I had tuned him out. I felt a question coming on though so I tune back in. 
"Now, where did you say you were getting a part time job?" I roll my eyes at my dad. If he had it his way I would have a job with him in politics but that wasn't my dream. I also knew because he wasn't gonna get the answer he wanted he wouldn't pay attention.
"Dad, I've told you 1000 times. The grocery store!" He nods his head but I know he wasn't paying attention.
I look to my mom for support but she is busy going over details for the wedding with my dad. 20 years they have been together and still they are unmarried. I will never understand why.

I catch a taxi downtown to give my job the paperwork they needed. I could not wait to be out from under my parents. This job would be my freedom and would be my step into the culinary career. Food is my dream, I know you can tell from my body that I eat a lot but I love me. Speaking of loving me, my girlfriend loves me too.
I am suppose to be meeting him later and I can't wait. 


Word Count: 253


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genetic Roulette - 1

Gentic Roulette

Kingdom Come - Introduction