Kingdom Come - Vredeth 505

The war has started.. This update will be told by Brea

The spring felt colder then normal.. I hugged my robe tighter around my body as I planted this years crops. 

My day was ruined when a call came in one afternoon... 
"Gather your family.. I will be there tonight to pick you up.. We are all in danger."
I hang up the phone scared more then anything.. My carpool honks at me and I jump.. I should probably go as this would be the last time in a while. 


We arrived very late early in the morning... Alf had recieved word the raiders would be killing anyone they found out past dark. 

Life in these compounds became the new normal for us.. They had put 8 of us in a compound and there were seven.. I hoped like hell we all made it out of here alive. 



Joanne worked tireless to help us as much as she could.. but her magic only got her so far..


Even within the walls of the compound our time outside was limited. Night time was a dangerous time and Alf never let us forget it..
"Come now ladies, you know the rules."
"Just 10 more minutes.."
"No, the raiders will be by soon and we don't want them to know our location."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genetic Roulette - 1

Gentic Roulette

Baby Boomers - Chapter 2